Fully automatic kinematic viscometer
The PV200DA is a fully automatic kinematic viscometer for the rapid determination of the kinematic viscosity of oils. The design with the dual water baths allows for measuring the viscosity at 40 ℃ and 100 ℃ simultaneously and automatically calculating the viscosity index from this data. The autosampler with 24 sample positions makes manual intervention superfluous. The device has been developed according to the ASTM D7279 standard and has been on the market since 2017. The sample injection, the measurement and the cleaning are carried out fully automatically and smartly according to preset parameters.
Standards and norms: ASTM D7279 and D445 among others
Detection range: 0.3 – 6000 mm2/s
Broad-spectrum capillaries: the measurement range of the capillaries is 100 times. Only 2 capillaries are required to cover the entire viscosity spectrum.
Sample volume: 0.3 – 1 ml
Sample injection: smart Autosampler with 24 sample positions
Volume of the water baths: 2×2 l
Temperature Range: 20-120 ℃ (an additional cooler is required for target temperatures below 40 ℃.)
Temperature deviation: 0.01 ℃
Time deviation: 0.01 s
Power supply: AC220V±10% 50HZ±10%
Operating temperature: 10 – 38℃
Relative humidity: ＜ 80%RH
- Measurement speed: A standard measurement takes 2-3 minutes; Individual measurements within 1 minute are possible.
- Automation: Sample injection and analysis as well as cleaning, drying, result and comparison calculations are carried out fully automatically and without manual intervention according to preset parameters. Both capillaries are able to carry out tasks like analysis, cleaning and drying independently from each other.
- Compatibility: The device is able to analyze both colorless and colored samples, including gasoline, diesel, kerosene, cutting fluids, additives as well as new and used lubricating oils.
- Sensitivity: The device no longer relies on the conventional quantification method using micropipettes, but has a secondary quantification function which controls the measurement conditions automatically and precisely. This avoids the restrictions and the deviations caused by the quantification using pipettes, and ensures an accurate measurement result.
- Cleaning: The intelligent cleaning function allows for automatically selecting the best cleaning mode based on the viscosity measured. The fully automatic cleaning mode using two different solvents makes the cleaning process faster, more complete, more efficient and more cost-effective. A cleaning process usually requires less than 10 ml of cleaning fluid.
- User friendliness: Due to the integrated software, the selection of the viscometer and the sequencing of the sample injection are carried out automatically and efficiently. Samples can be added, removed or prioritized manually at any time. When the calculation conditions have been met, the viscosity index will be calculated automatically.
- Additional functions: Calibration of constants, the temperature and the internal clock as well as the automatic conversion between the kinematic viscosity and the Engler viscosity.
- Safety: Dual over-temperature protection via both software and hardware; over-temperature alarm; dry-burn protection; cleaning fluid level alarm and waste fluid level alarm.
- Dual water baths: The double-walled water baths ensure easy temperature control. One capillary is integrated in each water bath to allow for measuring the viscosity at different temperatures simultaneously and for cleaning the capillaries after measurement independently from each other. Furthermore, the built-in viscometer can be quickly exchanged without emptying the water baths.
- Pressurized air control unit: The device is able to initiate the cleaning procedure immediately after the measurement due to a built-in pressurized air control unit.
- Autosampler: The autosampler is compact and reliable.
- Temperature control: The temperature in the water baths may be precisely adjusted due to the highly sensitive PT100 temperature sensors. The accuracy is 0.01 ℃.
- Signal stability: The integrated high-end fiber-optic amplifier and the fiber-optics packaged with high-temperature technology ensure a stable and accurate signal transmission.
Fully meets the technical requirements of various international standards e.g. ASTM D445, D446, D7279, IP71, ISO3140, BS188, NEN and DIN.
Integrates a windows-PC and a color touch screen. The entire measurement cycle and the cleaning and drying procedure can be operated automatically as well manually.
Advantages of the viscosity capillaries:
- Small sample size: only 0.3ml is needed for a measurement.
- Easy cleaning and drying.
- Short measurement and warm up times.
- Suitable for both clear and turbid liquids as well as heavy oil, oil residues and lubricant.
Advanced water bath
The arc-shaped water bath has a volume of 7.5 liters. It is transparent and thermally insulated. The high-performance temperature controller with a digital display has an accuracy of up to +/-0.01°C. Both features ensure a short heating and balancing time. An extra spiral cooler allows for measurements at lower temperatures.
Cleaning and drying function
The cleaning and drying functions are automatically optimized based on the given condition of each viscosity capillary. The system consumes only 10% of the cleaning agents required by a traditional viscometer and the cleaning and drying times are highly compressed. For small sample sizes and especially for heavy oil and oil residues, the integrated heating function ensures a perfect cleaning of the capillaries.
Compared to infrared technology, which has its limits, when dealing with heterogenous samples, the optical sensor can precisely analyse the sample. The precise time control (0.0025 seconds) also ensures the accuracy and repeatability of the measurements.
Automatic monitoring and warning system
An alarm occurs automatically during a given measurement, if: 1. air bubbles are detected in the sample, or 2. the detection time does not conform to the ASTM standard.
- Conforms to: ASTM D445, D446, 7279, IP 71, BS 188, ISO 3104 etc.
- Detection range: kinematic viscosity 0.5-10000 cSt
- Unit of viscosity: cSt (mm²/s), Saybolt (Universal Viscosity or Saybolt Furol Viscosity optional)
- Time control accuracy: ±0.0025 seconds
- Liquid level measurement: precision optical system
- Automatic cleaning and drying of the viscosity capillaries
- Display: LED
- Temperature range: 20-120°C
- Temperature stability: ±0.01°C
- Water bath volume: 7.5 liter
- Spiral cooler: integrated, connected with external cooling bath
- Viscosity capillaries: 4 viscosity capillaries with calibration certificate
- Size: 440×470×600 mm
- Weight:35 kg